Unwanted/Unauthorized Categories Automatically Being Created

I have a Crowdmap Classic site that I’ve maintained for over 2 years (SMS in Action). The map includes 29 Categories. Lately, it appears that unauthorized Categories are automatically being created and added to the map without my knowledge or permission. Every time I delete them more show up the next day. My 29 Categories had ballooned to 134 the first time I caught it. A particular problem is that anyone submitting a report to the Crowdmap must assign it to a Category. To maintain some coherence to the site reports should be linked to the authorized Categories ONLY - not one or more of over 100 unauthorized ones. Also, I don’t want visitors to the site having to wade through a bunch of unauthorized Categories when submitting a report. Can anyone tell me how to stop unauthorized Categories from being added to the site. Messages to Ushahidi Support and Contact Us email addresses have gone unanswered. Thanks.

This is a known issue actually. See issue #1314. A fix should be up soon.

OK great, thanks! Appreciate you jumping on it . Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Looks like this has been taken care of. Thanks so much!!

Oops never mind, after two days without any unwanted activity it is happening again as of 22 February.

This pull request should cover the fix for the most part: https://github.com/ushahidi/Ushahidi_Web/commit/204817dd7fbd53b12adcc09f834a0faa82ede623#commitcomment-5460835