Unable to Load a Layer

I'm just starting out here, so apologies if this is a basic thing I'm not getting.

I created a very small KML file with two placemarks to use as a Layer in my map. I uploaded it and the upload was successful. When I go to my map, however, and click on the new Layer to see my map points, the map just shows an in progress bar forever (waited over 10 minutes). Is there something simple I'm not doing that I need to do?

I have a similar problem - although the wait-bar is not hanging - I have read that .../application/views/main_js.php should be analysed and changed - but I'm really not sure how to edit that file effectively

Try and use a program such as Fiddler

You can see the calls & traffic being sent to the server, if there are any issues they will be flagged and you can go from there.

Intially with anything geospatial, I have always had permissions issues and projection/coordinate scale problems. Double check where you files are stored once physically uploaded.

Cheers, please advise when you have found a solution to help the rest.

Hi schmitjoe,
Many Thanks for the tip, and apologies for the ‘late’ reply.
I will download Fiddler and see if I can figure out where the blockage lies,
and if a solution is forthcoming; I’ll definitely post up the results for the community.

Cheers!