Task checking frequency not working & crash

Hello!

I am running the latest smssync from the android store (2.5.1) on an unbranded 2.3.5 android phone.

There are two issues… hopefully this is the right place. I can also post a github issue.

1. I enter a syncurl and enable task checking (leaving the default 5 minute frequency) the phone does check in with my server every 5 minutes. However after a reboot, the smssync app does start automatically but the task checking no longer happens regularly at a 5 minute interval. Even if I have the app foregrounded it does not checkin. I have background data and everything enabled (I have my own app which runs in the background and talks to my server every few hours reliably).

2. If I change the task checking freqency and select 10 minutes, immediately after selecting 10 minutes, the settings activity crashes. If I try to reenter the settings menu, I can not, it the activity crashes or sometimes the whole app crashes.

Oddly enough after this crash, the task checking checks in with my server every 5 minutes. But I can not enter the settings menu anymore.

Opps… I just noticed this may be a duplicate post:

I have pasted the logcat with the exceptions here:
http://pastebin.com/Tx0EASjX

Thanks!

@martinl This seems like a bug. Could you post this on github? We’ll look into it otherwise I can move this post to github. Let me know.

Thanks @eyedol

I submitted two issues because I think I found the problem causing the first one:

M.