Here some tips after I installed Ushahidi version "ushahidi-Ushahidi_Web-afb6ea4" on my test beds.
- iMac running Snow-Leopard (OSX 10.6.6)
- Amazon EC2 Cloud Server running a "Basic 32-bit Amazon Linux AMI"
1. Mac Installation
- I installed on the my local user site, which looks like
- Make sure that you have
- The Mac PHP installation normally comes without the mcrypt installed. So get it installed by following the instructions described here link
- Make sure that you get the correct php source version for compiling, type in a terminal
- Goto to the
cannot decode raw dataâ€ (NSURLErrorDomain:-1015)
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression
- Run the installation which sould complete successfully
- Finally I had to fix the Timezone problem as described in link
2. Amazon EC2
sudo yum install php-mcrypt
- Enable compression in the php.ini see above
- Fixe the timezone problem when necessary
Off you go...