Android - SMSSYNC - failure

hello

i am trying to connect smssync with frontline.cloud -

i have created it, set up the url, using https - checked i have network - and although it successfully did it once - the app fails to sync

any ideas, i am on a samsung galaxy note 0

many thanks

ben

Hello Ben,

Was wondering if you ever found the solution to this problem. I am having the same issue. I was able to send messages from the cloud to my android phone but each time I try to sync it fails.
Let me know.

Naomi

What does the SMSSync log say when you attempt to make a sync to frontlinecloud?

eyedol,

Sorry for taking so long to answer. My Log says “Sending messages to the server failed. Server error: Missing one or both of “from” and “message” parameters Server returned HTTP status code 200”.
Not sure what this means.
thanks for the help

That log message means the number and the text message are not being sent to frontlinecloud and that explains why you don’t see the messages on frontlinecloud. It could either be that there is a bug on SMSSync that is why it’s not sending those values to frontlinecloud or it could also mean that frontlinecloud is also buggy and not validating those values properly.

Personally, I haven’t tried to configure SMSSync with frontlinecloud to know exactly where the issue might be coming from. I’ll have to look into this properly to see where the issue is. I’ll update this post once I make some progress. Thanks for reporting this.

What phone are you using?

So I contacted the FLSMS folks and we found the issue. It’s an issue on their end. They’re expecting a request type (GET) which SMSSync doesn’t support. So they’re going to provide a quick fix. I’ll let you know through this post if they push a fix.

I posted an issue on their issue tracker so this actually get fixed. https://frontlinecloud.zendesk.com/agent/#/tickets/4527

Hello Eydol,

I got it to work. It was my mistake and not a bug. I really appreciate all the help. thank you so much

I am using SMSsync and frontlinesms cloud. I am able to set a poll from Frontline, and it makes it all the way through SMSsync out to the intended mobile phone, but when I reply to the poll with my mobile phone, the SMS is not pushed back to frontline (pushed from SMSsync)… I just see “1 failed” sync… I have un installed and re-installed, restarted, created and deleted 5 different SMSsync instances in frontlinesms cloud… everything I can think of - nothing works. It is very strange that the messaging is working fine in one direction, but not in the other direction!

using android 4.0.4 device, smssync 2.5.1
(and again, just to clarify - I can send SMS’s from frontlinesms through smssync, but I am having trouble receiving sms replies from a mobile device through smssync back to frontlinesms --> the “sync” in smssync “failes”… no log seems to be generated in smssync)

Perhaps a configuration issue. @naomi_l_adamson mind sharing how you fixed your issue?

What is the Sync URL you entered?

Hello all, I have the same problem with a samsung galaxy ace and FrontlineSMS v2.

I actually think that if the same problem encountered with FrontlineSMS Cloud, the problem is on SMSSync. the same way I do not have logs is empty.

I confirm that sends I have no problem, but I had received a few messages that are put together in frontline, but many did not arrive in FrontlineSMS.

My sync URL is : http://192.168.2.11:8130/api/1/smssync/2/Secret1901

I would be happy to help because I do not see at all how to fix the problem.

Thank you very much.

This seems to be a recurring problem.

Your sync URL is not resolving that could be the issue. Want to report that to FrontlineCloud?

I use FrontlineSMS V2.3.1 not cloud. my android phone is 2.3.5. Is it too old version?

Ah! Your phone is not too old to run SMSSync.

If I understand correctly FrontlineSMS does what SMSSync is suppose to do. In that case, I’m not sure what issue you’re facing.

@lboudehen Just realizing Fronlinesms v2 is packaged as a desktop app but runs in your browser. In that case make sure SMSSync is on the same network as FronlineSMS V2 and that the phone can reach the Sync URL when you enter that in the phone’s browser. I’m sure the reason why the messages weren’t getting to FronlineSMS v2 might be that, the phone wasn’t on the same network as FrontlineSMS v2.

Let me know how it goes. I’m in touch with FrontlineSMS team. We can figure out what where the real issue is.

The sending sms works well so I’m sure to be on the correct network and I can enter the page frontline.

more when I receive a sms on mobile it is not in SMSSync waits, as if the sms arrived was not captured by SMSSync.
Warning: this phenomenon is not systematic, but very often.

thank for your help.