After install can't log in to admin and "forgot password" doesn't work either

Hi,

I installed Ushahidi_Web-2.6.1 on a password protected subdomain on a remote server. The installation went through without problems but when I want to log in to the admin panel the map page simply refreshes. The URL changes (from say mysite.org/admin to mysite.org/login. The same happens when I click on any other link on the page, say contact. The page stays the same and the URL changes to mysite.org/contact.

I also tried the “forgot password” and again, the page remains the same and I don’t receive any email to change password.

I tried deleting everything, re-creating the database and reinstalling, changed permissions on

• application/config

• application/cache

• application/logs

• media/uploads

• .htaccess

but the same thing happened again.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks

After reading previous posts about trouble with admin logins I thought it might be worth mentioning that I have installed ushahidi in a directory that is not named ushahidi… in other words, in: map.mysite.net

rather than map.mysite.net/ushahidi

don’t know if that has an impact at all?

Also, for some reason the .htaccess file is not visible in the cpanel for my remote server. So in order to change the permissions of the .htaccess file to 777 before install I did it locally in the terminal on my computer. Don’t know if that has had an impact also?

Finally, in the install instructions, it states to change the permissions for the .htaccess file back to 644. But according to what I can see the .htaccess file is in the installer folder which one is instructed to delete…?? So I am confused and maybe, again, this is why I can’t log in. What directory is the .htaccess file supposed to be in?

Thanks again!

Found out the problem - .htaccess file was “invisible” on my cpanel interface, so had to make it visible and then change permissions as before I had only seen the .htaccess file in the installer folder, not the one in the main directory.

So yes, all-in-all, seemed to be the same problem as most others encountering issues with admin log-in -> .htaccess permissions.

Thanks for a great platform and cms. Looking forward to get this up and running!

All good,

Jaya

HI jayapapaya, Glad you were able to resolve this.

You can always contact us https://wiki.ushahidi.com/display/WIKI/Contact+Us - We have mailing lists and community skype chats for folks.

Keep us posted on your deployment

Heather