Adding User Error

Hi Everyone, Can Someone help me with this error:

This error shows up when i try to add users.

Thanks!!!

Hi where do you have this error iwhen you try to add a user in the login part or in admin part ?
the problem is the ‘riverid field’ in users table. you can check the structure table if you know how to do it

other thing are you using ushahidi v2.7 ?

Hi amadou,

I have this error when trying to add user/s in admin part (user settings), and yes im using ushahidi v2.7
Please help me how to fix this issue…Or can you please provide a script for that

Thanks

Hi jude140,

I have already worked with v2.7 but 2 years ago now ushahidi is 2.7.4 many bugs were fixed beetwen 2 versions.

So i made some searchs in the wiki about bugs fixed beetween 2.7 and 2.7.1 so check these links
https://github.com/ushahidi/Ushahidi_Web/pull/1122 (pull request about the error)
https://github.com/ushahidi/Ushahidi_Web/commit/ace866f18d48fe66a0df0b6f641a7ecf5740d755 (the merged code).
perhaps this could help you.
other thing you should consider to use the last version 2.7.4. or to migrate to it.

Hi amadou,

Thanks Very much, i’ll inform you soon…Thanks

Hi amadou,

Sorry again to disturb you but i tried all possible solutions discussed on the thread you gave me and still nothing worked when i replace/override user.php file with other versions.

The problem also with 2.7.4 is that KML layers won’t show up on the map.

Thanks

Hi jude140,

ah perhaps your problem comes from version of configuration server (database or php …). try to test ushahidi in another server (other local server or online) with other configuration to see what happens.
you test it with 2.7.4 ushahidi version on your server?

concerning KML layers i am not sur about the 2.7.4 but for 2.7.3 it works.

Hi amadou,

Yes i think the problem is with the online server (database or php), the server has 5.3 php version.
Also i’m looking forward to upgrade my version of ushahidi to 2.7.3 or the latest.

Thanks again

this is wiki link https://wiki.ushahidi.com/display/WIKI/Ushahidi+v2.X+Upgrades to explain how to upgrade.
I recommended you to do it manually. let me know if you encounter problem to do the steps.

Thanks for the info…Is it possible to change the login interface of ushahidi 2.7.4 to like that of ushahidi 3.0?..http://v3.ushahidi.com/login...but without the sidebar(home and about).

So that instead, the homepage will be redirected to login interface.

Regards.

Hi amadou

How can i disable the “Upgrade Ushahidi” that is is always showing on my dashboard…(eg. Ushahidi 2.7.4 is available for upgrade. Click here to upgrade now)
im using 2.7.3 version…Please Help

Thanks

Hi Jude

sorry about late response I was busy. Concerning the upgrade ushahidi I think if you go in the configuration files application/config/config.php you have $config['enable_auto_upgrader'] = TRUE make it FALSE to disable it.

Concerning the login interface did you mean the same structure page like online V3 beta? if yes you just need to make in comment the create account part and replace the login part in the center with css.

Hi Amadou,

Great!!! it works…,Thanks very much… :grinning:

Yes exactly, i want to exclude the "Create an Account " portion and move the “Login With:” to the center.
Can you show me the path of the css which i will be editing?

Regards

Hi

you have in your theme or default theme views/login/main.php this is the file containing login code view and the path css which is in media/css/login.css.so it’s up

Hi Amadou,

That was a great help, by the way sorry to bother you everytime, im totally new to ushahidi and not a programmer too…hehe

How about the filepath for this:

Thanks again!!!

Hi Amadou,

Any updates on the filepath on Create an Account under login form? Thanks

Regards

Hi jude,

Very busy that’s why I make myself scarce in the forum :grinning: if you want to remove the login part and you are not a developer as you say it could be some difficult to do because this part is common to ushahidi front end and backend so this should be done carefully it means if you want to remove it only in the login page. just go to the default theme views/login you have login_js.php file you have at the beginning

$(document).ready(function() {

so after the beginning add this code $('#header_nav_right').remove(); to remove it.
I think that will help you.

Hi amadou

Just tested your suggestion, but i mean what im trying to omit is the “Create an Account” only inside Login form…

Also is it possible to add another “OTHER LAYERS” panel which can be viewed at the front end of my ushahidi deployment?

Thanks!!!

Hi jude140,
Back again if you want remove the part of create an account just need some php and/or css code to remove this part.

for the “other layers” I don’t understand exactly your request.

Hi amadou,
i already figured out how to remove the create an account part…so thankful for your advice

for the “other layers”, i’m thinking if its possible to duplicate the “other layer” container/block and label it.

just want to add another block like that if its possible.

Thanks